The Gough Group is Australia’s and New Zealand’s leading value-added solutions provider to the infrastructure, mining, forestry, transport and power system industries. They’re a diverse group, made up of five trading subsidiaries incorporating ten distinct businesses.
You will most likely have heard of some of their global brands which include Caterpillar, Hyster, SAF and Palfinger in Australia and New Zealand.
Gough Group was moving to the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning System) MS NAXT to cover key areas of their operations. With more than 950 highly skilled employees and a network of over 50 locations, it was important to the business that all staff were given consistent learning that enabled them to use the system easily and effectively on the job.
Inspire Group provided a team of onsite resources to:design and develop a blended learning solution that involved online and instructor-led learning, on-the-job, scenario-based learning, plus assessment of capability and evaluation of confidence
- design and develop a full suite of reference-ware that supported the learning and on-the-job application
- trained the Gough Group trainers during the training rollouts
- co-facilitated with Gough Group trainers.
As part of our evaluation we assessed confidence and competence which enabled us to create targeted solutions during rollout.
The Inspire associates included a training lead, several talented learning designers, a team of technical writers and credible trainers.
Using an agile approach to the development we completed over 50 facilitator-led modules, 50-assessments, 200 standard operating procedures (SOPs), 10 online courses and 20 briefing sessions.
- The solution was cost effective resulting in minimal disruption to the business with limited facilitators required.
- Using system simulations the employees were able to try the new system in a ‘safe’ environment giving them confidence and reducing risk to the business.